Theory Demonstration includes:
• Dry and wet ageing of the prime rib and beef pastola hind quarter.
• Optimum ageing conditions and characteristics, as well as benefits of wet ageing vs dry ageing the pastola hind quarter.
• The theory will include awareness of the criteria of various South African beef grades, the block test and standard recipe costing.
• Practical knife sharpening skills with water stone and sharpening steel, Japanese style.
Delegates will physically participate in the following:
• Division and extraction of the chateaubriand, tournedo and fillet mignon.
• Extraction of the T-bone and club steak.
• French and Swiss trim rump and loin.
• Preparation of the rolled sirloin roast.
• The ultimate Swiss trimmed beef prime rib roast trimmed and rolled.
• Extracting the scoth fillet and rib eye steak.
• Utilising off-cut rump and loin for the perfect Espetada and prego steak and creating a demiglaze in the Rational Self Cooking System.
• Preparation of various meals in the Rational Self Cooking System.
• Preparation of 187 year old boerewors recipe.
• Roasting and blending dry wors spice.
• Preparation of minced beef.
• Filling natural casings manually.
• Recommended guide and times for cooking steak and roasting joints of meat.
• Cooking, serving and carving a classic chateaubriand with a 5 second Bernaise sauce.
• The classic entrecote Cafe de Paris with a patat mushroom augratin.
Open to all chefs and cooks with basic knife skills.
Workshop will be held on Wednesdays from 08h00 – 15h30.
Venue: 15 Broadway (Swapo Ave) Durban North
Total investment of R950 per delegate which includes lunch,
soft drinks and a gift hamper to the value of R250.
All SACA members will receive 10% discount on the workshop and any purchases made at the
Karoo Kitchen Deli & Butchery on the day.
For further enquiries, contact Larry on 031 564 0172 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
BECOME A MEAT AFICIONADO...
BRAND NEW ONE- DAY WORKSHOP HOSTED BY